Lowe's Drywall Settlement
September 2012 Update
All claims have been processed and settlement payments and gift cards have now been disbursed.
To get your current gift card value you will need to know the PIN number assigned to your card. The PIN number is located on the back of your gift card, printed under a scratch-off area just to the right of the 19-digit gift card number. You will need to use a coin or key to remove the scratch-off and reveal your PIN number. See image below.
To get your current gift card balance:
- Visit the Lowe's website at Lowes.com/Giftcards. In the middle of the page, you will see a section to Check Gift Card Balance. Enter your 19 digit gift card number and PIN number to check your current card value.
- Call the Lowe's gift card automated system toll-free at (800) 560-7172 and follow the prompts.
April 20, 2012 Update
- As of April 16, 2012, the appeals were dismissed, which means the final order approving the settlement can now be implemented.
- A copy of the Final Order and Judgement may be reviewed under the Documents tab at this website.
- The Claims Administrator will now begin final processing of claims.
- Settlement payments should be made later this year, by approximately the middle of October.
- Thank you for your continued patience.
This is the official website for the Glen Vereen v. Lowe's Home Centers, Inc. Class Action Settlement. This settlement has been reached with Lowe's Home Centers, Inc. and Lowe's HIW, Inc. to resolve claims about whether certain drywall sold by Lowe's was allegedly defective and caused property damage and/or personal injury.
The $7.75 million settlement offers payments of Lowe's gift cards and/or cash valued from $50 to $100,000. The Court in charge of this case still has to decide whether to approve the settlement. If it does, and after any appeals are resolved, benefits will be distributed to those Settlement Class Members who submit qualifying Claim Forms. Please be patient.
The Settlement Class includes persons in the United States who:
- purchased, installed or had installed defective drywall from Lowe's anytime before July 27, 2010,
- who were owners and/or residents of real property in which defective drywall that was purchased from Lowe's anytime before July 27, 2010, was installed.
Your legal rights are affected whether you act, or do not act. For more information about your legal rights and options in this Settlement, please view the Detailed Notice.
To view documents related to the Settlement, please visit the Documents page.
For answers to common questions, please visit the FAQs page.
ALL CLAIMS MUST BE SUBMITTED AND POSTMARKED NO LATER THAN JULY 15, 2011.
Today's date: 13-Dec-13